In 2012, Fort Follies started when Whitney Allison, who currently races professionally for Hagens Berman Supermint, saw a huge need in her community for a women’s specific cycling program. She connected with fellow Fort Collins cyclist Christi Leong who is also very active in the Fort Collins cycling community and has put on various endurance events and started cycling clubs in the past. Joining forces, they’ve created the vision and have facilitated what is becoming a huge force in Fort Collins of ladies on bikes!
The Fort Follies are a group that seeks to empower women and women-identifying individuals in the Fort Collins area to be active and impactful members of our cycling community through riding, racing, and philanthropy. We strongly believe in a positive, supportive, and inclusive team, suited for women and women-identifying individuals of all abilities and disciplines.
We aim to:
- Connect Fort Collins women on bikes through group rides, clinics, events, and races.
- Provide skills clinics and mechanical skills clinics to empower women to start racing and riding more.
- Be active community members to make women’s voice heard and their participation felt in their cycling community.
- Hold a strong presence in the grassroots racing series that takes place in the community:
- Your Group Ride Time Trial Series
- New Belgium Short Track
- City Streets Criterium
- Lory Park Mountain Challenge
- New Belgium Cyclocross