In 2012, Fort Follies started when Whitney Schultz who currently races for Colavita-Fine Cooking, a women’s professional cycling program, saw a huge need in her community for a women’s specific cycling program. She connected with fellow Fort Collins cyclist Christi Leong who is also very active in the Fort Collins cycling community and has put on various endurance events and started cycling clubs in the past. Joining forces, they’ve created the vision and have facilitated what is becoming a huge force in Fort Collins of ladies on bikes!
We aim to:
- Connect Fort Collins women on bikes through group rides, clinics, events, and races.
- Provide skills clinics and mechanical skills clinics to empower women to start racing and riding more.
- Be active community members to make women’s voice heard and their participation felt in their cycling community.
- Hold a strong presence in the grassroots racing series that takes place in the community:
- Your Group Ride Time Trial Series (April – July)
- New Belgium Short Track (June)
- City Street Criterium (July)
- Lory Park Mountain Challenge (August)
- New Belgium Cyclocross (October)
- Attend a road, mountain, and cyclocross race as a team:
- Deer Trail Road Race (Sunday, May 31st)
- Laramie Enduro (Saturday, August 1st)
- Cross of the North (October)