It’s time to start thinking about 2019, and we’re hoping you see polka dots in your future! Registration to the Fort Follies team in 2019 is open NOW and closes on January 15, 2019. Registration is open to women of all abilities, ages, and cycling disciplines. Head on over to the 2019 Registration page and fill out the form, pay a few dollars, and get ready to meet your amazing teammates, have fun, and ride your bike!
If you’ve seen some awesome ladies riding around in polka dots and have been wondering, “Who are the Fort Follies? And can I be part of that rad team?”, your answers are right here. Yes, we’d love for you to join the Follies. We are a group that seeks to empower women/women-identifying individuals in the Fort Collins area to be active and impactful members of our cycling community through riding, racing, and philanthropy. We strongly believe in a positive, supportive, and inclusive team, suited for women/women-identifying individuals of all abilities and disciplines.
Check out some of the things we accomplished in 2018:
- Fort Follies is a team of 78 strong women!
- Follies raced 24 times in local road races including: YGR Horsetooth Time Trials, YGR Taft Hill TT, City Streets Crits, and YGR Double Dams TT
- MTB Follies raced 80 times in grassroots races including: New Belgium Short Track, Laramie Mountain Bike Series, and New Belgium Cyclocross
- 3 Follies participated in the inaugural Sugar Beets Cycling Scavenger Hunt
- Local race fees for Follies were sponsored by the Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant
- Volunteered with Wolverine Farm Letterpress and Publick House for Bike to Work Day
- Volunteered at Cross of the North
- Partnered with Source Endurance Training Center of the Rockies for weekly Follies only nights and a spring training camp
- Logged thousands of miles on Strava (add a few thousand more for all those non-Strava riders too!)
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c09/h02/mnt/136842/domains/fortfollies.com/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405